There will be plenty of buzz about Sleepy Hollow in the coming days at SDCC, but we did get some Season 2 teases from the cast and EPs at their presentation a few days ago to the Television Critics Association.
On the Ichabod/Abbie relationship:
- Tom: "Running around the woods chasing monsters is profoundly erotic and sometimes I just have to give a saucy look. Hashtag Ichabbie."
- EP Len Wiseman: "We're really not playing their relationship on the romantic side"
- EP Mark Goffman: "Their relationship is at the core of everything we do." / "We're going to drop a few bombs this season" regarding Crane & Katrina / "It's hard to have relationships in the middle of the apocalypse."
On how crazy the show can be:
- Tom: “That’s how I felt when I read the pilot; like you said, it’s batshit crazy. There’s not really a shark to jump, because in the pilot, we kicked the shark in the teeth.”
On the fan reactions:
- EP Heather Kadin: “I think they’ve noticed things we wouldn’t have noticed,” regarding Ichabod wearing the same clothes over and over again, which they might not have noticed if fans hadn’t pointed it out.
- EP Roberto Orci: "Fans online have been so instrumental. It keeps us in check"
On the things we get to see this season:
- Crane encounters with modern times: He sees Abbie vote, and he learns how to drive.
- New villains: wendigo, succubus, kindred, and a pied-piper
A heartfelt thanks to the many nimble fingered critics who live tweeted the presentation (@HitFixDaniel, @JimHalterman, @Danielletbd, @thesurfreport, @EricIGN, @HuffPostTV, @TVGuide) and to Marisa Roffman at GiveMeMyRemote.com for live-blogging.